Have a great idea for a program? Know of a great book series that you think the Brooks Pubilc Library should have? The Brooks Public Library Teen Advisory Board is for you!
Who Can Join?
Teens in 13 to 18 that live in the County of Newell
What Will Teens Do On T.A.B?
You’ll get to boss Kim, the teen coordinator around! You’ll get to help the library plan programs, select movies, books, CDs, video games for our collection. You will be able to suggest, plan and execute, attend, publicize and promote programs. Plus help develop some policies and procedures.
Responsibilities of a T.A.B. Member
Attend all meetings and programs, (calling at least 3 hours in advance in you are unable to make it.) Promote the library and our amazing services and programs to your school and the community. Plan teen programs, brain storm, marketing and publicity. Set up and take down of events and programs, suggest teen programs, books, DVD, CDs and video games. Help with the upkeep and decoration of the teen space and commit to 3 to 5 hours a month.
Why Should I Join?
- It’s awesome
- Kim is awesome – and you get to boss an “adult” around
- You’ll get volunteer experience – which looks super awesome on a resume or college application. Plus, if Kim likes you, she’ll write up a letter of reference.
- It’s fun and you’ll make new friends
- You will have your voice heard at the library
- You will make a difference
- We are building a new library! You will be able to help plan and design the new teen area!
When Does T.A.B. Meet?
We meet on the first Wednesday of every month at the Brooks Public Library at 6:30pm.
Snacks are provided.
How Can I Join?
Complete and fill out this application and submit it at the Brooks Public Library. We will do the rest :)
Some Past Events
- Scary Movie Night
- Nerf Wars
- Video Game Pizza Party
- Teen Top Chef